StoryCloud Live Stream VIEWING INSTRUCTIONS
As soon as the video recording begins, all recorded video sessions will appear at the provided link. If you have not received a link for the deposition, please email email@example.com for assistance.
To view the live session:
If there is a live video being recorded, it will be the first session/top row displayed with "LIVE NOW" listed under the Stopped At time column. To view the live session, click the "View" link on the right of the screen for the session that you would like to view.
To view previously recorded sessions:
To view a previously recorded session (deposition with a Stopped At time), click the "View" link on the right of the screen for the session that you would like to view.
At the end of each stream, a notification will appear informing you that the live session has ended. You will be provided the option to stay on the current page or return to the list of all "Recorded Sessions" available.
Important Technical and Procedural Issues
Quality live stream viewing depends upon three technical factors that are not within StoryCloud’s control.
- The uplink bandwidth from the deposition needs to be at least 5 megabits per second
- The downlink bandwidth to the viewer also needs to be at least 5 megabits per second
- Like a smooth running stream of water, the data flow to and from the cloud needs to be consistent
In the event the these technical factors vary, the live stream video and sound will pause or buffer until the data has been fully received in the cloud. During this time, you may see an "Upload Stalled" notification displayed on the live video. In every case the video is correctly being recorded locally and in the cloud. There is simply a delay. It has no impact on the final high quality work product. Once the WiFi issue at the recording location has cleared, the live stream will automatically continue.
Below are the minimum system requirements to utilize the StoryCloud live stream:
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows PC (Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10) or Mac OS X (10.6+)
- Internet Explorer 10+, Firefox, Safari, or Google Chrome browser
Internet Bandwidth Requirements
- At the recording location, a high-speed internet connection with a minimum of 5Mbps consistent upload bandwidth. Note: StoryCloud videographers will have a portable WiFi connection available if sufficient WiFi bandwidth is not available at the recording location.
- At the viewing location, a high-speed internet connection with a minimum of 5Mbps consistent download bandwidth
- StoryCloud recommends using a hard-wired Ethernet connection at the viewing locations if available; if not, a wireless connection can be used instead.