StoryCloud offers a secure platform for content creation and sharing. The flagship product, Video By, provides litigators with an inexpensive nationwide video deposition service. Video By is offered as a turnkey solution with an on-site videographer, or for those attorneys that prefer to dramatically reduce cost even further, they can use StoryCloud equipment and software to shoot the video themselves.
In addition to the video deposition solution, StoryCloud also provides a secure and encrypted file sharing platform called Share By. Files of unlimited size can be stored, viewed and shared with granular control of access through an easy to use permissions model.
Video By Product Overview
Using an iPad, the StoryCloud platform saves the content to the internal disk drive and streams the video deposition to the cloud. While streaming, both audio and video are encrypted “on the wire.” This means the content is safe and secure the moment it leaves the iPad.
After the video deposition is completed, anyone with proper credentials can login from any web browser using two-factor authentication. After the video is synced, the transcribed text can be viewed and searched for keywords or downloaded to any media, including a thumb drive, CD / DVD.
- Solidify the attorney client relationship by saving clients $1000 for every video deposition
- Low cost video depositions create additional opportunities to settle a case
- Plaintiff attorneys save out-of-pocket expenses
- Video can be viewed in real time and immediately after the deposition
- Content is secured and encrypted in the cloud, preventing unauthorized access
- Small mobile footprint of equipment makes it easy to set up for remote depositions or while traveling
- Video depositions now become an essential ingredient for settlement and trial regardless of case size
HOW IT WORKS
In the office of the deposition, there are the following components.
First, the iPad tablet rests on a small tripod several feet away from the deponent. Within the iPad is the StoryCloud depos app which has been preloaded from the Apple store. The app captures the audio and video content of the deposition.
Depending upon requirements, StoryCloud will use either a single digital USB microphone or 4 analog lavaliere microphones. In both cases, the microphones clearly record all audio content from the deponent, plaintiff's attorney, and the attorney for the defendant.
For more information, please see StoryCloud FAQs.
Share By Product Overview
Using any web browser, a credentialed user can upload, view and share files. The home page enables a user to easily drag and drop content into the portal. Once the content is uploaded to the server, the user can share and control access through dynamic links. The links can then be ascribed with a series of permissions located at the bottom of the screen to determine how the content is consumed. Permissions include: view count, duration, location and calendaring.
Also available is an elegant directory structure and analytics which simplifies the process of searching for content, re-sharing, viewing and analyzing usage.
- Simple, secure and encrypted platform for large video files
- Content easily shared and controlled
- Inexpensive or free depending upon usage model and storage requirements
- Available from any web browser
For more information, please submit your information below.